Friday, January 16, 2009

Frigid

I got up this am and didn’t want to get out of bed. The last few days have been a nightmare getting to work. On Wed. it took me 2 1/2 hours to get from Tuttle Crossing in Dublin to DeVry on Alumn Creek Dr. I had so many mixed emotions that night. I went from being upset that I spent that long getting somewhere that usually takes less than 30 mins. and that they were actually having classes too. I was then relieved though, that I didn’t have to spend another 2 1/2 hrs in traffic getting home and was able to get to my Science class. I was frustrated but thankfully when I got to class they were going over stress relief so it was ok.

Anyway, the check engine light has come on a few times in the last several weeks. I think the last time was from the oil being dangerously low (At least that is what the oil change guy told me, and even made me sign a waiver about it). It was on again the last few days but the car seemed fine to drive and even started the first try this am. On my way home from work, the light went away. Has to be a good sign right? I just don’t understand why I have to pay thousands of dollars for something and then keep doing maintenance on it. We should have maintenance free cars.

Since it is a new year I am able to get vacation time again. I was happy that it was my 4th year with Qwest so I got even more days off this year. I went to Upwards Basketball tonight and I ran the time clock. It is obvious that I am going to have to spend some time in the gym with Hailey (one of her teammates called her a loser) I didn’t hear about it till I got home. My first instinct was to find the parents and scold them, maybe get in a little game of fisticuffs’ (a cuff or blow with the fist, combat with the fists, or to strike or fight with the fists) but that was the old me. I thought about it and then just decided to blow it off. (Thank you Jesus!)

I bought a new coffee maker the other day and it is so convenient that I have been drinking 2 cups a day since it arrived. (Not sure if that is a good thing or not, maybe I will have a cup and think about it). Either way, I think it was a good investment.

It's almost time to register for classes again. If I take 3 classes a session from now till December, I will be able to graduate this year but if it gets to be too much, I will have to wait till 2010. I have to be careful to keep my GPA over 3.5 that way I don’t have to take an exam to get accepted into a Masters program.

No comments: